Author Topic: GATEWAY MOTORWAY IS COMING THROUGH !!!!!  (Read 2423 times)

Offline notahappyresident

• View Profile
GATEWAY MOTORWAY IS COMING THROUGH !!!!!
« on: July 07, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »
Hello to anyone out there.  :)  :D   

Was looking for links to local newspapers and found this website.  So have now registered and YEP I am a Newbie here & still finding my feet with this site.  Hoping to generate some conversations with other locals PLEASE !!!!!

To introduce myself & give you an insight into where I am coming from ....... I have lived in the wider general area since 1993, firstly at Woodridge - then I bought a small acreage block at Chambers Flat in 1994, designed my house in league with surveying & plotting existing trees & vegetation in order to retain as much as possible, contracted with a builder early 1995 & finally moved in just before Christmas of 1996 .....  after having MANY MANY dramas & traumas when my builder went bankrupt leaving me in limbo for over 12 months with house at lock-up stage and subbies & suppliers wanting to be paid (because the builder did the dirty on 'em)  ~~ I had of course paid the builder up to that stage but he HAD NOT paid for things - so then I ended up fighting the BSA to get the house finished. Took 19 months from start to moving in date. 

OK - so all's going along well for the next 12 months >>>>  then my nephew decided that he had had enough of living - he drank PARAQUAT (?sp) and I was the one that had to tell his Grandmother - MY MOTHER - what her No.1 G'son had done...... 4 hours later I received a call from NSW telling me my Mum had DIED :'(  - seems the shock was too much - enough to rupture a pre-existing calcified cranial aneurysm.  This all happened on 27/12/1997 - had 2 funerals to attend in the same week - Mum's at Ourimbah NSW and the nephew's in Bundaberg.  Then in January 1998 I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Went through surgery & the the debilitating radiotherapy treatment, only to have a recurrence at just under 10 years clear !!!  Major surgery followed and I can now win a one-boob wet T-shirt contest  8)

Anyhoooo in the early years after moving in here at Chambers Flat I was very very active indoors & outdoors - have made a Memorial Garden with the $300 proceeds from my late Mum's Estate, have plants & cuttings from my Mum's garden / pots established to signify the passing of my Mum, my nephew as well as the mother of my nephew - my Dear Sister who passed in 1999. 

Sorry if this is a scroller and hard to follow but I am now LIVID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In October 2011, I received a letter from the Dept of Main Roads informing me that MY HOME and everything I have worked for is at threat as MY PROPERTY is included in their "refined area of interest" for what is being called the PARK RIDGE CONNECTOR.

If you are not aware of this yet may I suggest that you become aware - go to www.noprc.org  for further information. 

This initially innocuous roadway is actually the southern extension of the Gateway Motorway ( 4 > 6 lanes ) that will slice and dice it's way N>S through significant environmetal lands at Browns Plains at the Logan Motorway intersection with Wembley Road, cut through Crestmead, Heritage Park, Park Ridge, Chambers Flat, Munruben, Stockleigh to a point near or on Camp Cable Road where another MAJOR arterial road will link E>W from Ipswich to Yatala.   >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

I think I would rather have breast cancer !!!!!!   

Offline Edther

• View Profile
Re: GATEWAY MOTORWAY IS COMING THROUGH !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:31:08 PM »
Everyone needs to have goals in life.

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »
Yep!  What some people don't realize is that they are free to make choices for their "goals",  but not free of the consequences of their choices.
They will have to live - or die - with the consequences.  What a choice to make though, for the sake of some hypothetically "significant environmental lands".
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein

Offline Hertypow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 05:37:33 PM »
We want people to invent new things, always.

Offline Joermark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »

Is another site with information for